Coco Coir Disks
Plantonix coco pith disks are 100% natural and organic premier growing medium. It is the best natural alternative to peat moss with a neutral pH. Plantonix coco peat is free from dirt, foreign material and weed seeds. The washed raw material is screened to remove dirt and larger lumps to get a superior texture. Used as a growing medium, coco peat outperforms most brands of peat and sphagnum peat.
- Explosive root formation and increased plant vigor
- Very low EC levels
- High cation exchange capacity (CEC)
- Superior water holding capacity
- Ability to retain nutrients against leaching and to buffer supply
- Slow breakdown of materials means product will not shrink during your growing cycle
- Re-wets easily and reduces watering frequency without plant stress
Plantonix does not use harsh chemical washes and steaming that destroys the naturally occurring benefits in coco coir. Our coco coir is fully washed multiple times with fresh water to attain extremely low EC levels and to reduce the risk of salt buildup in your soil.
Coco Coir Properties
- Fresh water processed
- Super washed
- Stable pH: 5.8-6.8
- Ec 0.3-0.9 mS.cm (1:1.5 v/v)
- Moisture Content: 10-15%
Common Applications and Uses
Directions for use
Tips: The warmer the water, the faster and easier is the expansion. Do not use hot water over 100 deg.